We are delighted to have been chosen by the current Youth Options National Citizenship Scheme group in Southampton as their charity to fundraise for. Last Thursday 5th July, Southampton Sight went to Lucia Foster Welsh university halls of residence near Ocean Village in Southampton along with 5 other good cause charities. We all had information stands and about 50 young people in 4 groups came to talk to us and find out about each of the charities work. The NCS groups then have to decide who they would like to fundraise for the following week. We got a phone call earlier this morning from Dylan one of the young people in the NCS group who informed us they would like to put on a ‘Dine in the Dark’ event to raise funds for Southampton Sight. We are chuffed! for us as a charity we are just so pleased to have this opportunity to reach out to young people and provide awareness of Sight Loss and where people with sight loss in Southampton can go for support. Thank you NCS what a fantastic scheme for all involved!
- The fun you have when traveling with passenger assistance through airports – COMMUNICATION MATTERS!
- Southampton Sight’s time aboard Tenacious
- Looking at stars with our ears: Making astronomy accessible to the Visually Impaired community
- Bikes, Silent Cars and White Canes – They don’t mix well
- Equality and Diversity in action – great feedback from Kanes Hill Primary School teachers – Penguin and Elephant classes
- UK Airports Hidden Disabilities Scheme
- Problem Solving, Team Building and Cooking your own lunch!
- Retro Mobile Phone with New Technology
- Kate on the Road
- Blind Ambition