We are delighted to have been chosen by the current Youth Options National Citizenship Scheme group in Southampton as their charity to fundraise for. Last Thursday 5th July, Southampton Sight went to Lucia Foster Welsh university halls of residence near Ocean Village in Southampton along with 5 other good cause charities. We all had information stands and about 50 young people in 4 groups came to talk to us and find out about each of the charities work. The NCS groups then have to decide who they would like to fundraise for the following week. We got a phone call earlier this morning from Dylan one of the young people in the NCS group who informed us they would like to put on a ‘Dine in the Dark’ event to raise funds for Southampton Sight. We are chuffed! for us as a charity we are just so pleased to have this opportunity to reach out to young people and provide awareness of Sight Loss and where people with sight loss in Southampton can go for support. Thank you NCS what a fantastic scheme for all involved!
- World Braille Day – January 4th
- Making Sight Loss Awareness Training work for Everyone!
- Sight Loss Awareness In Action
- Supporting Southampton University Hospital Trust
- FuturEyes – our new PILOT programme for young people living with sight loss funded by Hampshire IOW Community Foundation #iwill fund @HIWCF @SholingMedia
- School Blog
- Changing Attitudes
- Driving a RIB and training with Blind Sailing UK #DareDevilKate
- Thank goodness for my white cane
- Access to Work and our experience at Southampton Sight