We had the most superb time celebrating our volunteers on Thursday 7th June in Volunteers Week – a week set aside each year to recognise the fantastic work of volunteers around the country. Southampton Sight organised an afternoon with cream teas all around and a game of skittles. It was such good fun! the skittles got very competitive but all in good spirit! Thanks to Rownhams House for the kind loan of the crockery which made such a difference. Next year is Southampton Sights 120th year as a society and we have big plans to celebrate our volunteers as they are the ones that have kept the charity thriving -we will keep you updated!
- Bikes, Silent Cars and White Canes – They don’t mix well
- Equality and Diversity in action – great feedback from Kanes Hill Primary School teachers – Penguin and Elephant classes
- UK Airports Hidden Disabilities Scheme
- Problem Solving, Team Building and Cooking your own lunch!
- Retro Mobile Phone with New Technology
- Kate on the Road
- Blind Ambition
- World Braille Day – January 4th
- Making Sight Loss Awareness Training work for Everyone!
- Sight Loss Awareness In Action