Dorrie recently celebrated her 100th birthday. What a happy day and what an achievement. She has been coming to Southampton Sight for over 10 years but her history is incredible. She tells us that as a civil servant in the Second World War working as a telephonist she has kept many secrets. She then ran a boarding house in Eastbourne after the war and there were a few secrets to be kept there! Happy Birthday Dorrie!
- Sighted issues with face masks can happen to blind people too!
- Summer Raffle Winners
- The Day The Virus Came – a book to support children talking about their Coronavirus experiences by Simon Lashbrooke-Small
- GOOD NEWS – We are opening the office and our resource centre TODAY
- Walking in a Blind Man’s Shoes
- Everyone loves Cookies!
- 100 Years Young!
- Keeping our Young People socially connected whilst physically distancing
- New ways of working together
- The thrill of sailing when you’re blind